Monday, March 2, 2009

The 80's are back at my house,..........

Oh you have no idea how happy I am!
As if 80s hair wasn't crazy enough on its own, the banana clip added that little extra something to take your feathered bangs and layered tresses just a little further. In the unlikely event that you don’t know what a banana clip is, allow me to enlighten you. Given its name for its shape, the banana clip is "THE" (pronounced thee) hair accessory made popular in the 80s that allowed you to pull your hair back from each side, with the clip (in its banananess) following the contour of your head in the back. The effect is like a mane of hair running down the middle of the back of your head. A photo definitely will do more justice in the area of explanation than words. So here it is.
I have looked and looked for these plastic pieces of wonderfulness for years. I finally tracked down an internet supply for a mere $1.29 each. They came today and I had to immediately stick it in my hair and prance around!
I bought 7.You never know, they may get stolen and I will require a backup! If you have super thick, curly, crazy hair this is SOOO much better than a rubber band and you don't look like you are 5 yrs old! You look HOT,..ha ha,..1980's HOT! You see how easily I am made happy! OH HAPPY DAY!

1 comment:

Angela Williams Duea said...

I was totally helpless with the banana clip. I just could never get one to stay in my hair. Ummm, not that I'm good at anything hair-related.

But I did have a mind-boggling array of scrunchies. The big ruffly kind. I even had a velvet one for special occasions.