Friday, March 27, 2009

Bluegrass Music and Whining (Are those the same thing?)


Woo hoo! Tomorrow is a Bluegrass Music festival at the coast. We are going for the day on Sat. I am so expecting this to be fun, it better be. I have high expectations, and I so need a break from real life this weekend. I need mindless, at least I plan to be mindless, entertainment. Today I am sick of my job, no particular reason, just sick of it.
It's one of those weeks when I feel like I go to work a ridiculous amount of hours (commuting 2 hrs a day doesn't help), come home to hurriedly do a few maintenance chores, get to bed, and start over. I don't seem to have enough time to do what I'd enjoy,.... gardening, playing piano/dulcimer, singing, reading. Hard to get motivated to work so hard to maintain the life and place you barely spend any time in. So there you go, probably the same gripe of every other working person in the world. And more than usual, this week,
I AM TIRED!
So bring it on Hilly Billy's, I am going to pretend this is backwoods Tennessee ( I did really like it there), and all I have to think about is wildflowers, daddy and mama dying (lots of songs about being buried "in the ground"), the hills, trains, floods, bein' left by my woman, that should about cover it. Listening to fiddles, mandolins, banjos, hammered dulcimers ( I am getting little better, will hopefully get some inspiration), and guitars.
I am taking my camera,..after this weekend, great pictures!

No comments: