
Yeah! We got two letters from Denver yesterday. I forgot that I had sent preaddressed envelopes with him that went to the PO Box, not the house address. SO I was checking the wrong place. Duh! He is doing well, and is not at all sounding like he is ready to give up. He said every day is marching, eating, and working out the first week. He said it is definitely no vacation, but he can do it. It is going to be a long 3 months but he just finished week 3 of 13. He said he is very lonely, and had no idea he would miss all of us so much. Kassi laughing with him, Marks jokes, and even Shanghai the cat. He said he misses just being able to stop by and see me anytime he wanted and just being able to walk in and talk to me. Oh,..good boy. I am just glad to hear from him period. Kassi and I were both tearful when we got to the part that said he was so lonely for home. The bad part is he still hasn't recieved any letters from us. They get moved around alot the first 3 weeks and he said he had recieved no mail. So eventually it will all catch up to him at once. Meanwhile I feel bad that he thinks no one is writing. Today is his birthday and we could only send a card. But,..I have a surprise bday/grad from boot camp gift in the works. Will share later. Mark and I have spent the morning doing chores and planning our garden/yard/berry patch renovations. Today I am actually glad we don't have any more property than we do. 1/3 acre is seeming like alot when things grow like weeds and get overgrown so fast! It is still way too cold to put anything in, but we will be ready by then. It is supposed to snow tomorrow! I am actually sick of winter this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment