I mean he gets one free hr of the day to catch everything up that is not perfect, and letter writing to his mother doesn't top the list? But really, still no crying or whining from the mother here. I have recieved one letter addressed by him (that's how they trick you) and it was a form letter from his drill srgt to say email him only in an emergency, that there will not likely be any phone calls and few letters, that we should be encouraging, and ignore the letters that say he does not think he will make it, but that this is one of the biggest transformations and accomplishments known to man (ok!). There is a website for parents to remind you to resist being too motherly by sending stuff to them. Nothing unless it is requested. The websites are very informative,..never call a Marine a soldier, they are Marines, not the same thing. Apparently after going thru a boot camp more than twice as long as the other military branches is the beginning of reminding them they are different. I have sent him a letter every 2-3 days to tell him about home life and remind him he is tough,....and loved. Letters in plain white
envelopes only. Apparently someone sent a musical card that had the "chicken dance" playing. The whole platoon had to do that dance several times a day until the battery ran out. I'm sure that guy was never the same! SO, I think checking the mailbox daily, and wondering how he is, has made this week drag by. I had dinner with Denvers girlfriend this week, that was nice, we will know each other REAL well by the time this is over. We laugh and say we are both "cheating on him" by hanging out together!Kassi has bottom braces that are currently ripping the heck out of her lip, trying a mouthguard to night to see if that helps, and working like a dog on her AP English, physics, and WW2 class. They get to take a trip to Ca in a few months to see some WW2 museums and it's a fun trip too.Many of the kids here have never been to Ca and think they will see Brittany and Paris walking thru Walmart or something. Yes, Paris Hilton and Brittany Spears, I'm down with who's (ah! you thought I was going to say "ho's" didn't you) in the tabloids!
Despite the economic decline, Mark is still selling more of his specialty amps than ever. http://bluzamp.vpweb.com/default.html After a particularly good week, I told him I had better watch my step, he would be a rich old man before long, looking for a trophy wife. He said : "I would just buy you" You see why I like him? His nice words save him so many times!
We are changing out our living room windows, they are huge, and have a crack in the corner from the pine branches that blew onto the deck in a windstorm. However I was pretty shocked at the cost of the new ones! Double paned, no sliders, and 2 pieces instead of 6. No more screens. That way the raccoons can look right in and see what we're doing! Thank goodness tomorrow is Fri, my mind is warping quickly!
No comments:
Post a Comment