Apparently the Twilight movie came out this week, and I don't think I ever mentioned that much/most of it was filmed about 3 blocks from our house. While it seemed the High School kids knew way more about it than anyone else, the adults (me, Mark, our friends, and anyone from our church/Bible study) were clueless until our driveways were re routed and there was yellow tape blocking us from our normal travel paths. The kids had been talking about the vampire movie that is coming, and "Twilight"was screamed through the school halls several times a day just to annoy the staff (yes, Denver being one of the intigators). I had never even heard of the books until the movie and have still never read any of them. Never having been a big fan of fantasy, I have been known to sit through the occasional fairy tale , well, but those can be believable, right? Anyway, this weekend the Twilight movie is being released on Dvd and we (the very locals) have still not even seen it. Big party crowd that we are! The kids of course said we need to buy it because some of their friends are in it as extras, it is filmed in their High School, and they have fond memories of the actors/actresses rudeness when trying to access their own lockers or use their own school facilities. They did however have many opportunities to hang out the windows and watch the car scenes in the parking lot during class, (c'mon, who could work with that happening out the window) and observe "movie stars" in their presence. Suprisingly they filmed much of it while the kids were still attending school. My awareness mostly consisted of the bizillion trailers parked in the baseball and soccer fields by our house (the way we usually enter our street) rerouting us around the "private settings". The worst part, .....here was all this commotion and our town does not seem to have benefitted from all this opportunity for hooplah that could have resulted. This book/movie/series is apparently incredibly popular with the teen and romance novel reader types, and yet you see no evidence whatsoever, no signs, no nothing, still that it ever happened here? What a wasted opportunity for some commerce to our tiny town. If you happen to see the movie,..the High School says "Forks High School" on the sign, it is Kalama. It is just a sign put over the real sign that real sign says Kalama High School. Apparently Forks, Wa. (yes, there is a place, they just didn't really make the movie there!) is even smaller than our town, and yet that area has boomed from tourism.
Crazy.The drama! And just to be clear, at least Kassi and her friends, were not too impressed with the lead boy/man in person. But she insists it takes alot to impress her anyway!
2 comments:
Abby and Carina loved the books and so I read the first one and thought it was REALLY BAD. I love a good junk book; and for kids--Harry Potter books were wonderful, but the Twilight books, nope, not for me. And I have been to the real Forks, could not imagine a movie filmed there!
Wow, I'm impressed! I've never been that close to a movie production. And yes, your town is GORGEOUS!
My daughter is totally into Twilight, but from what I've heard, I don't think I'd like it. It really puts the female characters into that fantasy world of unconditional love and pursuit. I wish my daughter had better taste.
Post a Comment