Tuesday, December 2, 2008

California Trippin'


First let me say our trip was a blast and this will be a long post! We came home dead, exhausted, but got to see most of our friends while we were there. Of course, it always seems like you don't have enough time in any one place to feel totally caught up, but a good reminder of why you love these people. I did not have to see my family that has been at the center of the "crazy turmoil" for the last few years. The kids spent a day with my mother,... scratch that,..their grandmother, and came away with their own impressions. Whoever said that friends are the family you choose to love,...a genius! Truly I have been blessed with people in my life that have loved us beyond and above what my "blood" is capable of. So, here we go.....
This is in Tehachapi, our neighbors,...
Kassi with Dawn, Tim, Richard, and Caleb Crouch, with Denver on the end. I had not seen them since Crazy and I separated. He remained up there for quite awhile and made me feel awkward about staying in touch. The kids hadn't seen them for about 2 yrs. We were going to play a joke on Tim.

We drove up in my car, one he wouldn't recognize and Tim was working outside so Denver was going to ask him f he could use his restroom. Anyone that knows how far off the beaten path this "neighborhood" is, would understand how ridiculous a request. However, we didn't even get the car turned off and Tim had dropped his stuff and was yelling "no way, I can't believe this". He knew exactly who we were! So after huge hugs,...We had a chance to visit for awhile and while everyone is older, we are all still the same. Tim and Dawn started reminiscing about when they first moved there and I would bring them over dinner while they worked on their house, and how loved they felt by that. It was nice to know those little efforts of friendship meant so much to them. They are talking about coming to the Northwest f0r a visit and we will definitely keep in touch. Seein them was one of the highlights of this trip.

And in Bakersfield..........
Here are my nursing school girls,..Kammie and Lauren. Now with all their own little ones! We had a wild time at breakfast, watching them "mother" was great! We still laugh at all the same sarcastic talk, and fall right back into our roles with each other, even after 7 yrs. They were the best part of nursing school!
Kammi reminded us she needed to insult us to "keep us down, so we would have low self esteem and still be glad to be her friend"! That girl is quick,..she used to say she wished I could be her mom, and I have to say she is a doll. Denver reminded her that he is old enough to marry her now. He had quite the crush on her when he was young.






Lauren is still crazy, now she has a daughter who acts just like her, dripping syrup across the table, her clothes, and in her hair. It was fun to sit back and watch them talk about where the good sales were and how much it costs to go out. These two who used to take trips, and buy fancy clothes. So cute to see how they have grown up. They are good moms. They were both shocked at how much my kids had grown. I just can't believe they have hit 30 now! Needless to say, I will always be crazy about them! We have a spa trip planned in May of next year,..no husbands and childless! Best we are not around "regular" people once we get going!!!!

To be continued,.................



No comments: