skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Okay, the last of my California pictures. Most of the time (shame on me) I forgot my camera was in my purse til we were back int he car leaving somewhere. So many missed opportunities! We missed Jennifer and Scott Newkirk, and Janet Lowry,..everyone scattered because of it being a holiday weekend. But we did go see Gary and Denise in California City and the kids got to see their cousins. Denise used to be married to Crazy's brother, so we are ex sister in laws, but have remained close despite divorce and remarriage for both 0 f us. We all had a good laugh about what a long road Denise and I have been down with each other, we have been friends since high school! And I was friends with her cousin even before her! The kids: Aron, lives on his own, works out at Edwards Air Force Base, is all grown up, so funny, great to see him. Aimee has a baby, married, and still the same Aimee. Kassi said she was afraid Aimee was all mature and changed now that she was married. One evening with her and the kids were all laughing that "no, she's still the same old Aimee!" Her husband clearly adores her, and I was so glad to see that. We also saw Andrew, he has grown so much and looks alot like Aron now. Was a really good visit. I will have to get the pictures from Denise's aunt. We also got to see Christina in Tehachapi, of course I forgot to take pictures.
On the way home, we met Jo for lunch (my friend, kids grandma, ex-mother in law) and had a good visit. She met us just looking beautiful and we were on day 5, preparing for an 8-10 hr drive and looked like we had been drug under a truck. She did the nicest thing. Truly one of the nicest gifts I have ever received. She had packed a cooler of celery, fruit, peanut butter, fancy smoked cheese, crackers, little pumpkin tarts, and even mints for dessert. Even included little plates and silverware. All in little tupperware containers with ice to keep things cool. By the time we got to our hotel that night, we were exhausted, we went for a swim in an indoor heated pool, and then came back to our room and had Jo's gift for dinner. That was just the nicest thing, so thoughtful, and alot of effort. Was perfect! Here is a picture of Kassi. Jo. and Denver.......
This is Denver fussing with Dad and Linda's 7 toed cat, who is not too fond of anyone!
And last,..but definitely not least,... I got to visit with Carol Forgey and Kae Nixon. Carol made us lemon scones and we all talked as fast as we could. Kae has "mama'd" me for the last five years or so, and continues to ,....through good and bad. Is great about keeping me on track, and reminding me I could never screw up enough to lose her love and care. She has helped provide the mentoring I missed. Helps me with, supports, and gives advice on our decisions regarding the orphanage, my parenting, and life in general. I miss her being so far away! This photo is of Kae, and Beth Speck. I only had about an hour to visit with Beth. Another one of my friends from Bethel, who was instrumental in pulling me along post divorce. All these women were key in helping me discover and be happy with myself. Their friendship and maturity has been so valuable to me. They are talking about taking a "girl trip" to Washington. I am SO holding them to it!
No comments:
Post a Comment