

The photo on the left is Kelsey and Kassidy. Got to love that crazy Kelsey girl, she turns 16 this week. We share the same birthday, she loves my cooking, hysterically funny, and is cute as a bug,..what's not to like. The photo on th right is Kayla and Kassi, I swear all, but one friend, have a name that starts with K.... they are actually off shopping as we speak. I believe to Ross and the Dollar Store (Kassi's version of retail paradise). And these girls are Beauty and the Beast (yes,... the cartoon movie) addicts. Every word, every song! Live for volleyball, and the boys have to work their way into the girls schedule,...things have sure changed from when I was in High School. here kids seem less intent on torturing each other, less of a need to be impressive, and more understanding of what someone else lives with. Anything pleasantly weird and/or smacks of small town goodness is followed by "hey Mom, duh,.it's Kalama" like that should say it all. Then Denver and Kassi remind me that my High School years were "like 20 yrs go ",..yeah,.okay, at least 20 yrs, no need to really talk about those numbers (ouch!),..what's your point?
Kassi and Denver are definitely kid magnets. We seem to have visitors every weekend. I just know come dinner time, doesn't matter what I cook, just as long as there is plenty. I love the crockpot more each passing year. And if all else fails Mark will go get pizza! He's hqppy as long as he can play guitar. Good kids make me grateful, reminds me the world could still turn out to be a wonderful place. A couple of 18 yr old boys and 17 yr old girls are more fun than 7 and 8 yr olds. And really,..don't most adults have the same basic character they had in High School, just magnified? So in keeping with my idealistic (maybe unrealistic) views,..I choose to believe good teens will make great adults. ....what's the option?,...really!
1 comment:
I've never had any doubts that Denver and Kassi will be great adults, just like the kids they are and always have been. Just like their mom...love you all, Jen
Post a Comment