


Denver turned 18 about a month ago. We have both been reminded that it is just a number, not an increase in maturity, brain cells, or necessarily instantly wise decisions. Part of me reminds, vaguely remembers, and encourages him that this is when you have the whole world ahead of you still. Every decision matters but is not the end of the world if it's not the "perfect" choice. And who do you have to be responsible for?....just you! What a great and few times in a lifetime place to be . That is, of course, not something that even registers with Denver. We continue to balance the parent-you could be a grown up relationship. At least we seem to go 2 steps forwrd, only 1 step back. Probably more than I should expect,..is this "normal?" I tell Kassi,..watch and learn,..save yourself a few steps. With Denver no huge issues: drinking, drugs, teen pregnancy, etc,...and for that I am crazy grateful,...but just enough small issues to keep me on my toes. High School graduation is only about 2 months away, so we are on the homeward stretch!
No comments:
Post a Comment