Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Cleaning............


Thought this photo was great. It's not my stuff, but I spent several hrs cleaning out the laundry room yesterday. It is definitely the "catch all" room of our house. A temporary parking spot for everything we are too lazy to put away......until I have had enough and gut it of every bizarre misplaced item. Our church youth group is having a yard sale to raise money for a missions trip. This is their jackpot. On the other hand, I LOVE, let me stress LOVE yard sales. Luckily Mark enjoys driving around and finding junk also. The intent is not to replace every piece of junk we just got rid of but to replace it with something we will use. I tell myself it is cheap entertainment, and probably fool myself into thinking I save money in the long run. What I really need is a city wide swap meet where we can just bring and exchange what isn't working for us anymore. Reality is,..new junk is WAY FUN!

1 comment:

Orange said...

We have spent many, many happy hours together looking for cool s...I mean junk, haven't we? I hardly ever go to yard sales any more, there just not fun without you!