Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Trying to Catch Up

I have not posted for awhile. I'm a little overwhelmed with just keeping up living. I finally got the DVD's done (thank you Tonya) for the orphanage, copied and out in the mail. Little things like the post office not being open before or after I go to work, have made this a tedious process. Anyway,..DONE.
Kassi crashed her quad (many times apparently) while spending the weekend with her Dad. Came home Sun night complaining of a headache, by next morning, still had a headache, and nausea and vomiting. Took her to the Emergency Room (instead of going to work, luckily I have the most "mom-ish" boss in the world) to find out she had a concussion. Kassi has an allergy to 3 meds, this visit we discovered a 4th. She gets this dystonia reaction, looks like a conscious seizure. That makes it really hard to give her anything for pain, she ended up going home with an anti inflammatory as the least risky treatment instead of a pain med. So after much Benadryl to counteract the reaction, she came home to sleep,...finally! And I am home today to keep an eye on her. I am thinking I will be working at least part of the weekend to catch my work up at the office.
Mark and I are supposed to go to Texas on OCT 31st to see his Dad and sister. This has been planned for several months and it turns out to be well timed. Mark has some important things to share with his Dad, so I have volunteered to t
ake Susan (his sister) shopping to give them some time alone. I am looking forward to the trip. We are going to go to a blues club in Austin(?) the first night there, Mark is really looking forward to it.
Donna and the baby came for a visit last weekend, pictures enclosed. And Kassi decided that reading to her was great for calming her down. It did work, she actually will look at the pictures while Kassi rea
ds. Kassi has a bunch of toddler books for her already.

No comments: