This is my new mantra!!!!!!!!! And now to watch the season opener of House! Truly, I can have both of these in the same brain,...does that make me Bipolar? Nah,...
I am,..... a Christian, a wife, a Mom, a sister, a daughter, a friend, and a nurse. I live in SW Washington state (adios Ca), love to work in my yard (in this climate it's truly "fun"), spend time with my "not so little anymore" kids, grow and pick berries/veg/fruit (what the deer leave), read, sing, play piano, am learning the hammered dulcimer, love everything from arias to bluegrass (maybe I AM a hillbilly? oh no,...)and (according to my family) am obsessed with rearranging our furniture/household items to make it more organized,...yeah,..WHAT EVER!!! Maybe a TINY bit obsessive compulsive! And... everything is better with Vault soda and ice, I am enjoying the forest because of the trees....................
Us
Mark, April, Kassi, Ray, and Denver
Washington
I love it here!
Great (and not so great) Books, Music and Movies!
MUSIC I LOVE (Right Now): Rosie Thomas,..Only With Laughter Will You Win.Emmylou Harris,...Red Dirt Girl (I guess I am a hick?).Nickel Creek,..especially "Out of the Woods".
READING NOW:The Last American Man,...seems to be about the ultimate hippy, works for me. Children of the Self Absorbed,..(pretty self explanatory). Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy.......working on this one. Finished: Prodigal Son,..(Michael English autobiography) am much less impressed now. Eat, Pray, Love.....Loved the simplicity and "just do it" attitude of the author. Boundaries,...any of the whole Townsend/Cloud series,...helped me "grow up" in some HARD moments. Anything by Pat Conroy, all his books are excellent! Levi's Will,...All about rebelling against Amish life. Map of the World.....DEPRESSING!!! but pretty darn believable! The Doctors Wife,....obsession, jealousy, radical religion, mental illness,...all in one book! The God of Small Things.......set in India, finally finshed. Very cultural,,, Kind of depressing. Imagine that. The Pittsburgh Effect,...the Toyota model of Management and Lean in Healthcare ( I went to nursing school for this?) One True Thing ,...loved it!
No comments:
Post a Comment