Wednesday, September 17, 2008

FREAKIN' RIDICULOUS!!!!


Last night I had a meeting with the members of the Northwest Safe Team Forensic Nurses. On the way out of the driveway ,we were all looking up, checking out the "full fall moon" and everyone managed to walk to their car just fine, even in the dark,..except me. And,..I was the only one NOT drinking wine, was that the problem? I managed to step off a six inch step (while looking up) catching my foot on the edge of the concrete. Everything in my hands went flying,I went sliding across the asphalt, skinning up my knees, everyone saying "oh my god, are you okay, etc,..." Quite a sight, I'm sure! Of course I was incredibly embarrassed, said "oh no, it's nothing, no big deal" and limped to the car. By the time I got home, could put no weight on my L foot. Did the ice, elevation thing all night, today still can't stand on it, so put on the walking cast I had from the previous fibula break, and the chipped L heel bone, and went to work. Checked in on what I could skip today, and then went to the Urgent Care. Keep in mind, this is the 3rd injury in the same 6 inches of leg in about 3 years. This time I have a "severe ligament tear"(basically a bad sprain), the phys was going to put it in a plaster splint for 3 weeks. She said it would have been less painful to break it...I believe her. I showed her the walking cast from the last two injuries, and she said that was perfect. Great, I'm getting my moneys worth. So I was sent home with Vicodin, elevate, ice, and told to put little or no weight on it, and wear the walking cast for 3 weeks. Am also supposed to use crutches, or a walker (yes,...a walker,....can you believe she would suggest that, OMG!!!!...there is no way!!!!) follow up with rehab in a week...uh not in this life. I was about in tears, I am so frustrated, just because I am sick of being sick. Kassi and Mark keep saying,.."oh poor thing, poor girl". I feel like an idiot. I am embarrassed,..again. Accident prone is an understatement. I am such a klutz! I swear I am just going to have to walk around clothed in bubble wrap ....and with a walker. So, instead of working today, I have my foot in the air, taking vicodin (honestly is not even touching the pain, but 2 will make me hallucinate like I'm on acid). Denver came over and did some chores for me today,(yeah! thank you boy with muscles) so my outside chores are done. And, so sad, I was supposed to go to dinner with my ICU girls tonight, they are so funny. My same sick sense of humor, I wish they could tape the conversation for me. Instead I will be home pouting, feeling sorry for myself. Now I'm a whiner,...(sniff).
Pills don't make me high,..they make me neutral. ~House M.D.

No comments: