
Rita,(our adopted neighborhood meth cat), she has some problems! She is now an unwed mother, has had multiple partners, (the kids say she is a "ho"), and doesn't have a "boyfriend" cat volunteering to raise her soon to arrive litter. Mark has taken pity on her, and built her some "section 8" housing (literally a cat condo). Shanghai (Marks neutered 12 lb Siamese, he's like the gay best friend, but may be a good dad)) is going to help her raise the babies and pretend he's the dad. The male cats in the neighborhood come and fight on our deck, we call it the "Cat Fight Club". Kassi is waiting for Brad Pitt to show up! I am not a cat lover, but even I have taken pity on Rita and her "situation". However, I DO really like raccoons! I posed what I thought was an interesting question the other day,...can raccoons and cats have babies ,...together? The kids and Mark looked at me like I had lost my marbles. We have several raccoons that come on our deck every evening (and now even in the day time) to eat cat food or whatever treats I "accidentally" leave out there for them. Wouldn't that be cool to have 1/2 cat and 1/2 raccoon babies? Small raccoons are the same body size as Shanghai, so it is physically possible,... maybe? They are all hanging out together partying on the deck anyway,..and we all know what that leads to!!!! Mark insisted that raccoons are vicious and evil, that no self respecting cat would have anything to do with them. I reminded him that Rita was clearly not into keeping her "self respect" and maybe liked those raccoon "bad boys". I guess we will see in a few weeks? Probably didn't happen, but wouldn't that be a weird thing? And yes, this really was a conversation we had, "we don't need no entertainment!"
Anyway, I like the raccoons and they are getting less and less scared of me. I think (I know) Mark is scared of them though,..totally understandable,..he is 6 ft and 250+ whatever lbs. and they are 24 inches, and 40 lbs on a fat day. He keeps saying they are evil. Wicked masks, beady eyes, and gnashing teeth. I'm sure that raccoon could totally take him!
No comments:
Post a Comment