Monday, September 7, 2009

Cruisin'

We had FUN!!!! Kassi and Christina came back very tan, I am sorta more beige. Hey, better than my usual transparent skin. Literally. I had a nurse ( a guy,...hmmm... insensitive) ask me from across a patients bed, "what is all that ink on your arms from?" I looked down expecting to see a leaking pen or something, he was talking about the veins on the inside of my forearms. The sad part, he was not making a joke, he thought my arms were stained with ink. So I do have a few bottles of fake tan to continue the illusion, for awhile at least.Yes,..these girls are SO cute, and were a blast, and I totally felt like their old mother! People kept asking if we were all related. We would look at each other then just say,.."Yeah!" WE decided we might as well be. I love Christina like my own child and she and Kassi are definitely every bit as close as sisters. The great thing is we could be silly, stupid, and ridiculous, and still no ones feeling got hurt, no one got pouty, no fussing, or fighting. Just love each other despite our craziness! And they didn't even make fun of me (not when I could see anyway) when I decided I would rather reorganize my suitcase while they tanned. Hey, we all have our priorities! We know each other well enough to just roll with it. I promised not to post any pictures of them in their bathing suits, but trust me, they looked dang cute! We met some really nice people on the cruise, some very nice and interesting, some just ,..odd. We decided that our dinner companions basically just made up a new story every night, occupations changed, lived in a new town, single/married, very entertaining though. They actually said,.."and this is true" after a few stories. Then the rest of the stories weren't? They were quite entertaining.
Went to Ensenada with a cute little tour guide who liked to quiz us on US politics. Also got to meet some very aggressive vendors, actually reach out and grab you now. Kassi got several offers for a "mexican boyfriend".Catalina Island,..............

Our breakfast waiter would serenade us. We got in the habit of going to bed about 1am after karaoke, and dancing, then getting to breakfast around 9ish. We decided you can sleep at home!

1 comment:

Angela Williams Duea said...

Your trip sounds fantastic! Glad you enjoyed yourself and your health was good.