Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day



Denver had prom last weekend, will put pictures up of Abby too when they get them!

So,..it is Mothers Day. I am the MOTHER, but Crazy (as I correctly refer to my childrens father) has the kids. He had planned a day of 4 wheeling with them today, many Mothers Days took them off to motorcycle events, or biking events, monster truck races,...etc,..Always on my birthday and Mothers Day. Even when we were married. What a guy! I have heard from many people ,.."you should not allow that, don't put up with that, etc,.." The reality is that the kids are the ones who get stuck with his bellyaching when he doesn't get his way or the kids actually say no. I have been in that position with him, and would like to help them avoid it when possible. And I know this is Crazy's attempt to initiate another fight with me, so (like every attempt he's made to fight for the last 4 yrs) I ignore him, and he hates having no one to fight with, .,,and the kids have fewer battles. My sister and I discussed that the hope is when they are "really" grown they will look back and appreciate my closed mouth/trying to be the better person/lack of battling ...strategy,..if not,..then when they are 30 and unappreciative,....I will explode and scream like a banshee!!!!

We had Mothers Day on Sat morning before they left. Denver got me driftwood logs (he and his friend Sam, ...they were heavy) from the beach, that is what I wanted for the yard, and Kassi got me a great card and a gift certificate so we could go shopping together. Of course, Mark didn't even notice that the kids were not "here on Mothers Day" until the morning of. Good job, Mr Observant. All of this really didn't bother me,(so I thought) but since I have spent this much effort writing about it,..maybe it does.

I have signed up to attend a week long Ethics course at the University of Wa in Seattle in August. My boss at work is trying to get the hospital to pay for it, since they "need" more certified ethics members at our facility. Something I have always been interested in, and had no idea you could get certified as an "ethicist". So,..cool,..but really expensive, I have to be "accepted" first by the Ethics faculty at the U of Wa, then they will let me know. SO,..we'll see, but exciting possibility.

My mini rabbit got a little freedom, he is not afraid of cats or dogs (foolish on his part) so we have to watch him pretty close when outside so he doesn't get eaten.

Mark has offered to take me to breakfast/lunch/ shopping/dinner/ etc,.. to celebrate Mothers Day,.."A" for effort , but since I have to "dress up/makeup" all week, by the weekend, pajamas, a movie, and pizza is quite a treat for me. I figure I work to make money so that I can enjoy my being home the rest of the time! Happy Mothers Day all!

1 comment:

jennifer newkirk said...

And happy Mother's Day to one of the best moms I know...Crazy will never be able to take that away from you! love, Jen