Let me tell you,...the jungle has nothing on Washington this year. Mark has told me before (because he knows all the weird "stuff" (I was thinking of another word, starts with an "s") that Washington has the biggest and wettest rainforest area in North America,..or something like that (because often times I don't pay attention when he talks, but my face looks interested). We have had a ton of snow, all our packages were delayed for Christmas, and apparently the state of Washington is being considered a "disaster area" because of the heavy snowfall. The news says disaster area, however as people living here, I can tell you, nothing is a bit different as far as our real lives. We missed work, Portland basically came to a standstill, and it was the perfect excuse for every business to renig (I think that IS a word!) on their delivery promises.
At our house..............


Huge Icicle on the deck,.......
However, it is gorgeous! And our cute little town looked totally "CHRISTMAS". Just like some little fairy tale place. Our own town consists of one main street of Antique shops,...so not real metro anyway.


Now we each have our OWN digital cameras, Merry Christmas to us! No more borrowing and "losing" pictures. Denver and Kassi too.
Now that the snow has stopped we have had nonstop rain. Between the rain and snow melt off, everyone says the ground is so saturated that we will start having trees falling. With a few 100ft (or taller) fir trees in the backyard,..I try not to think about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment